4/30/08

a slight obsession...

A few Thanksgivings ago, while sitting around the table, I took notice of my aunt Harriet's cloth napkins and, well, fell in love...

One side was a deep red with a white do
tted scallop print and the other, a dark navy with a geometric, star-like pattern. Figuring they were from one of her many trips to Japan, I was thrilled to hear they were a gift from my cousin who picked them up at her mom/my aunt Elizabeth's spa. (hope I didn't lose you there)

So this past January, while on an uber-relaxing-spa-bda
y-vaca in Santa Fe, I made sure to pick up a set for myself at Ten Thousand Wave's boutique before I left.


Who knew that this one little pattern could have lead to an all out obsession with scallop
print??


they no longer had red/navy so I got purple/green.. (which I'm more than ok with)


close up of the napkins



I've scoured the internet, looking for a similar dotted scallop/wave pattern with no luck.
Dotted or not, I love all these:


marine swallows fabric


red wave necklace by tatsuko


scallop earrings by avery winslow


scallop silkscreens..


adorable peacock notecards by anemone letterpress


cute combo


an old Fresh soap box on my shelf :)


For the longest time, I had plans for the re-d
esign of my site to heavily incorporate this dotted scallop pattern but alas, when on the screen, it makes me a little dizzy. I'm still trying to figure out a way around it, maybe fuzzing/blurring it out a little? Then again, the crispness and simplicity is what ultimately drew me in...


xoxo

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I never knew this about you! Loving it all.
Awesome links, too!

Keyse said...

Wow, I guess I am not the only one who does stuff like this and admires the beautiful details in life...but really, i shouldn't be surprised knowing you :)