5/7/08

not so filthy pleasure...

What I thought were seasonal allergies due to the finally nice weather, turned out to be a full-blown, miserable cold... in May. Go figure. That being said, I stayed home today to sleep it off and speed my way through 1.5 tissue boxes.

Luckily, I had my friend around to keep me company. No, I didn't get the pup I've been dreaming of – my favorite pal lately is none other than HGTV (in HD mind you).

Yup, Dave and I recently discovered this mindless yet easy to watch yet still interesting channel while hungover a few weekends back, unable to escape our slippery couch. It truly is a gem. I'm serious. Once you get past all the annoyingly chipper hosts (they are all eerily cheery), you'll find yourself completely sucked in as the hours just fly by.

Each show is a perfect 30 minutes, letting you care just enough about each diy project / house-hunt / home appraisal / room renovation and not lose interest. Maybe it's all the "nesting" we've been doing with the runs to ikea and home depot every weekend that keeps us watching? or maybe it's the itch to put our money towards a mortgage instead of our landlord, Gwok's, pockets...? or maybe we're just getting older...? sigh.

Anyways, it's the best company on a sick day or a hungover-filled weekend you could ask for. They even have these adorable little "breathing spaces" during commercial breaks of just peaceful music with pictures of the ocean or grass to zone out to. To top that off, they always have little "tips" between commercials on staying organized, cleaning your gutter, etc... I know, I sound just as cheesy as the hosts now but whatever. Just watch it and you'll be hooked too. Especially "House Hunters". Gah, I love it!


Oh I and was able to escape my germ-filled apartment to go tanning today so I don't look like a ghost at our friend's wedding next weekend and I'm oficially burnt. I dare you to just try and blow your nose ONCE with a bright red face - not fun!

xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude. HGTV is tops. I can't get enough of it. house hunters, dwell, my house is worth what, national open house, my first place, and my aaalltime favorite, candice olson's divine design. omfdkfjakj so good.

it seriously is an addiction and totally makes me want to buy my own place. I've decided to hang in newton for a couple more years though, and buy once they build this

have you guys been down to the new ICA yet? I took my mom on Sunday. it's pretty rad. that whole waterfront area is going to be insane once they develop it all.

Jessica Sutton said...

omg i know. i'm addicted. went to an open house last weekend and fell in love... minus the price tag - yikes!