1/7/09

on growing up...

So far, my 2009 has been filled with nothing but self-reflection. I think mainly because my 27th birthday is looming next week and for the first time, I'm actually having a bit of anxiety about getting ever so closer to the big three-ohh.

Last week started off with a complete ransack of my closet, filling three huge bags with old gap jeans, h+m tops (that were probably stylish for all of a week) and more banana republic sweaters than I'd like to admit. It felt cleansing and invigorating to say the least. Now my nicer pieces aren't being hidden by some fugly $10 "what was i thinking" next to them anymore. And although there are less options, there are nicer options :)

That said, I just read the perfect post over on New Brahmin entitled Ugh! (Not Ugg) which thankfully gave me the kick in the ass I needed to order a grown up pair of snow boots and ditch (well, lets face it - they'll sit in the closet) my Emus.

I proudly introduce to you, a 27-year-old's winter alternatives - aptly named, the Jess Winter Boots (I'm not kidding).



Okay okay I'm not gonna lie... these are actually the 2nd pair of shoes I've bought with my namesake recently. Yup, just last month I grabbed a delicious pair of heels at French Connection named, oddly enough, the Jess Heel.


(Sorry for the blurry New Years photo)

But I digress...

I know this is much more than I normally write but I felt so inclined to share tonight. I guess I could chalk it all up to some sort of New Years Resolution - shopping for my age? Ugg it's late...

3 comments:

Keyse said...

Good purchase! I like the army thingy on the side.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that all of your $4.96 Forever 21 tops survived the cleansing :)

Anonymous said...

ps. I am still wearing my Emus. II don't care how funny my feet look.