9/12/08

the brother...



Now I know I usually try to keep my blogs short with lots of pictures, as those seem to be the ones I personally prefer to read on other blogs, but today I feel like taking a little time out to celebrate a very important person's very important birthday. Yup, my brother, David, is turning the big 2-5 this weekend and while it makes me feel old, I can't help but get all nostalgic and emotional and want to share.

In case you haven't clicked through all the links on the right hand side of this page, there is a particular link that will blow your mind away. Stadiums and Shrines is my brother's blog where he writes music recaps for MelodyTrip.com... Now, these aren't your typical itunes reviews, oh no my friend, the boy has a brain - a smart one at that. With a style of writing that makes you feel like you're inside his head, putting it together with him. Never alienating the reader with references above our heads, he magically gets music and his excitement for it sucks you in. He is my official music mentor, always sending bands my way that I've never heard of and end up falling head over heels for. Basically what I'm getting at is... he's kinda a big deal.

But not only that, he is a kick-ass dude. He's the guy everyone wants to be friend with. Not only because he's hilarious and fun but because he has one of the biggest hearts and truly cares about those in his life. Now, I may be biased since I'm his sister but hey - he deserves a shout-out.

Happy 25th Birthday, Dave. I love you and miss you more than you'll ever know.

Love,
Your Proud Big Sis







PS - Dave lives in Huntington Beach now, 3000 miles away, otherwise I'd have said this in person, with a huge hug :)

4 comments:

Sutton said...

I love you Jess

Thank you.

- the brother

Vic said...

I love that photo of you guys in front of that ferris wheel

and,

your brother's a babe.

Debbie said...

How did I raise such beautiful people?

Keyse said...

Aw, this is so sweet!