6/16/08

impressed...

While out shopping at Copley yesterday, I swung into the Aveda store because I live for their tea and they always give you a free cup while you shop (not to mention, their products are amazing). I was greeted by a sweet sales lady who treated me to a wellness massage and the afore-mentioned tea... Needless to say, she got a great sale out of me.


my new favs: Chakra 2 Balancing Body Mist & Blue Oil Balancing Concentrate... apparently I need to be balanced!

But anyways, the point of this story is how impressed I am with their eco-conscious, well, everything! Since I was shopping with my canvas tote, my entire purchase was dicounted -
then I happened to notice a jar of milk/bottle caps and asked what they were for... well get this - for every 25 caps you bring in, you get a free deluxe Aveda sample. Since caps can't be reprocessed like bottles, they end up in landfills and worse yet - the bellies of our beloved sea-animals. Aveda is collecting them and recycling them into caps for their limited-edition retro Clove Shampoo bottles that come out this fall!



To participate, visit aveda.com/stores to find an Aveda store location near you.
Or mail in your caps to:
Aveda Re-Cap Program
ACA Waste Services
40 EADS Street
Babylon, NY 11704.

No comments: